Saturday, February 27, 2010

HTML Frustration - Not enough data - Not enough memory

I am trying to work on the creation of my website. I thought that it would be easy. I thought I had enough information and enough recall from class a week and a half ago but no such luck. What seemed natural in class, following instructions like a good little sheep, seems totally inaccessible now.

So, here I sit, struggling to even figure out where to start. I can't remember how to connect, can't access my original notepad (it has turned into an html document and shows none of the code).

This reminds me of my very first encounter with a mainframe computer. It was my first year at the University of Iowa and I took a computer class. I thought I understood it all. I thought I could reproduce what I learned. I went back in the computer lab and nothing I did worked. I looked at the instructions, I followed the instructions and could not get it to work for hours. Turned out I needed to change the capitaliztion. I can't remember now if I should have done it lowercase or uppercase but it was something that simple.

This feels the same. I know so little and yet it will be simple things that I find out I have to do to make things work.

This is the intersection between my health and my informatics. My body is not happy I am sitting and working on trying to learn HTML. I cannot learn more informatics if I stop working and trying.

There's the rub!

No comments:

Post a Comment